Thursday 20 December 2007

Sometimes You Don't Serve Yourself

I've spoken to a few people recently about my own Webdesign Site. It's a style that I was pleased with, 4 years ago, but doesn't really match the type of sites we're producing now.

I want it to make use of stock pictures and more graphics. But it's just a clean written, fast loading page. It doesn't really sell us. Potential customers could see the site and decide that it's not a selling point and not get as far as our portfolio.

What do I do? Well, obviously I've been intending to update it for 6 months, maybe more. But there just aren't the hours in the day. It's left to sit there and do us no favours, as with a few other of our own sites. I look after the customers, offer long standing customers refreshes of their sites when they are looking dated. But do I do the same for myself?

I suppose the answer is if the work is rolling in then why worry? But what happens when it dries up - then I'll regret not having worked on it.

Loads of work is waiting to be done and all of it for end of tomorrow. Maybe over Christmas I'll get a few hours to improve my own sites.

No comments: