Friday 14 December 2007

JustGoMedia - Esther Wakeman

A lot of the traffic onto this site at the moment is looking for JustGoMedia and Esther Wakeman. I was contacted by her at the end of October and mentioned it here as she suggested their services could be useful for one of my sites.

At the time the JustGoMedia products seemed quite good and I signed up for it and put it onto my home page. I was a little disappointed with the click through rates and payment rates (JustGoMedia 52 clicks for 1451 displays - a little over 3.5% and £16.55 from those 52 clicks gave less than 32 ppc). Google policies prohibt me from reporting their figures, but these figures are not comparable. I even tried replacing the Google adverts with JustGoMedia's to see if the placement helped. But I found very little change.

Then Pat posted a comment having experienced JustGoMedia and when I checked my account it had also stopped reporting. For a week there were no impressions reported, even though I had seen the adverts in that time. We had both had our Yahoo adverts switched off because of low traffic levels, but JustGoMedia hadn't bothered to tell us. It would have been nice to be given a little bit of warning - I was planning to trial the adverts across the entire site, rather than just a single page. But I just can't understand the adverts being switched off and not being told.

If you have experienced JustGoMedia, whether the experience is googd or bad, please post a comment. If you would rather the comment not be made public let me know and I'll not approve it. But I would be interested to know what other people's experiences are of JustGoMedia.

1 comment:

Ian Messenger said...

On 11th december i emailed them "Our financial reports seems to stop on 5th December - any idea why?"
this is the response:
"At the back end of last week Yahoo! performed an audit to assess traffic quality from all of our partners I was`nt aware that xxxxxx was one of those affected. This audit was to ensure the quality meets their advertisers expectations. The quality of the traffic is measured using various analytics including conversion rates of page impressions to clicks and clicks to advertiser conversions.
At present your website as well as a few others does not meet the standard of traffic quality required from Yahoo and as a result we have been asked to remove their ads. We have applied and been accepted for you to go onto an alternative precision network (MIVA) to ensure that the the optimum revenue from your web visitors. The reports will be updated within the next 24 hours for the last few days."

Since then, no reports and no money, lots of excuses. Does yahoo really sack their advertisers?

You are still continuing to earn revenue from your web traffic and I will keep you informed of any further updates as we are appealing the decision from Yahoo. Please feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss this further.