Friday 9 November 2007

One Way Link Building

Yesterday I talked about one way link building. Can I just point out that for the forums I was not suggesting spamming! All that I meant was that if you already actively take part in forums then change your signature to include your main (relevant) website address if you haven't already done so. Please don't go posting just to link to your sites - these places are far too clever for that and detect this almost instantly.

Right, now I've got that out of the way, how can you get loads of links from blogs? The obvious answer would be to post comments on blogs, but most blogs (sensibly) use the rel="nofollow" tag to prevent this. And I agree with this.

What I have noticed recently is schemes that allow bloggers to be paid for mentioning and linking to other websites. And this is what I think the guy I was looking at was doing with his website. It's obviously a great way to get one way links, but never having tried it I cannot say whether or not it brings much success.

To be able to be paid to blog you must have a blog of 90 days old. Unfortunately, this blog is just under that, so I can't sign up and find out what it's all about for a couple of weeks.

Be assured when this blog hits 90 days old I will be doing so and telling more about it!

No comments: