Wednesday 2 January 2008

How To Build Your Own Website

I thought since it was a New Year I'd start a new theme this month, and over the next 2 or 3 weeks I'll look at what is involved if you decide to build your own website.

What do you need to do? What do you need to know? What will you need to pay for - and where from? And who tries to take your money from you dishonestly?

I'll start from almost the beginning - I'll assume you alredy have the basic idea of what the business is and a few possible names. So the firs logical step will be registering a domain name - and of course finding someone to do that for you!

Hosting doesn't necessarily come next, but for people useing build your own website tools, these can be built into the hosting so that will follow registration.

Then I'll look at design considerations - where are you placing the buttons, colour schemes, accessible code etc. Then probably search engine optimisation and getting the site noticed, maybe finishing off with advertising your site.

Should keep me quiet for a few posts!

No comments: