Monday 4 February 2008

Earning Online

I'm sometimes approached by people wanting to earn extra cash online. Some arrive with the view that if they pay me £300 for a single website, then they will be able to retire and just watch it's earnings arriving every month. Maybe, if they have a really special idea and are willing to put work into it, but I've had people approach me like this with 'I want a mobile phone site' or 'I want a travel site' as their idea and no intention of putting any work into it.

Yes, both of these ideas work - with suitable input. I was able to give them ideas for how to make the sites work, but these fell on deaf ideas. A site won't just make you a constant line of income, no matter how well search engine optimised it is.

Any idea takes some input from the owner to allow it to sit there, tick over and earn an income. Whether it's blogging, article writing or just links building, some effort is always required.

If that wasn't the case - would I be building the sites and selling them for £300? No, I'd build half a dozen and sit back myself and watch the cash roll in! I do have a couple of sites that work for me like that and need time and effort - the Compare Mortgage Rates and Holiday Cottages sites being the main two.

But to earn online doesn't just involve websites. Some use affiliate selling, other people use surveys (I've done this one, but just don't have the time at the moment). There are so many of these ideas that I've decided to document them separately - so keep an eye on my Earn Cash Online Blog to see what's going on there.

No comments: