Thursday 17 April 2008

More search engine visitors

I've talked about paid for online marketing enough, so now I'll look for what marketing you can do for free and off-line (non internet) marketing.

I mentioned a few posts back about getting search engine optimisation (SEO) 'experts' to workr on your site. But you have to be careful - a lot of the guarantees aren't worth anything. Guarantees to rank on the top page for worthless search terms etc.

So what can you do yourself? Well if you are able to update your website yourself then you can try some 'on page' optimisation - where you change the code to appeal more to the search engines.

You can also arrange some link exchanges. This requires you putting links on your own site, but you can do this with tools like link machine. So even if you don't maintain your website yourself, you can ask your webdesigner to install this for you. I use it on my own sites as well as customer sites, where either they or I can maintain the links for them. See it in action here.

Over the next few posts I'll look at these optimisation techniques.

No comments: