Friday 2 May 2008

Google Page Rank Update

There appears to have been a page rank update in the last few days, possibly like the February Page Rank Update, it was released for the end of the month.

In previous updates I've been able to look back and see that posts over a certain age have a PR0 within this blog, but that doesn't seem to be the case this time around - all are showing as new (grey barred). My mortgage rates site seems to have stayed the same, whilst my own webdesign site has recovered the 1 page rank it dropped in February, and it's back to PR4.

I would suggest that it's homw pages that have changed, but my portfolio page was grey barred after the February update, but it's recovered to a 3, so that's not the case. Maybe it's more of a case of sandboxing new pages. Strangely, I have a discovered that one page showing a testimonial is PR3, whilst others that are older and younger and all linked to from the same places in the site are grey barred.

Also good news is that this blog has increased from PR3 to PR4. Only 8 months' of posting and not really knowing what I was going to do at the start and it's slowly creeping up. Other blogs of mine haven't had this success.

As I discover other strange details of the page rank update I'll record them here in the usual way.

No comments: