Monday 28 July 2008

20 website marketing ideas

I've been asked to put together a series of marketing ideas for my web design customers - ways in which they can drive more custom through their websites. After a quick scribble down I came up with 20 basic ideas that anyone can use to market their site, so here starts the list.

With a little further information they will be passed onto my customers - just adding details as to how we can help them implement the ideas. It's my sales guy's idea and he's hoping that some customers come back to ask us to help them run some of them.

And I'm putting these into practice myself! Not only am I publishing them here first, but after a small rework they will also be submitted to article directories - spreading my ideas whilst hoping to get links back to these pages! Why publish them here first and then rework slightly - to make sure the search engines get the content here and then don't punish me with the duplicate content filter! So that's 5, 6 and 11 (below) sorted in one sweep!

In no particular order, and certainly not the order I'll tackle them in here, here's the list of ideas I'll work through. Knowing me, by the time I've finished it will be 21, 22 or more ideas...

1. Pay Per Click

2. PopUnders

3. Expired Domain Traffic


4. Link Building

5. Fresh Content

6. Forums

7. Blogs

8. Video Clips

9. Google Maps

10. Email Signatures

11. Articles

12. Advertise name in shop / on literature

13. Run up newsletter


14. Paid Directories

15. Free Directories

16. Fliers

17. Word of Mouth

18. Give aways / promotional items

19. Affiliate Marketing

20. Magazine Adverts / Printed Adverts

No comments: