Monday 7 July 2008

Testing Popunders

One of my customers swears by popunders. I know the site he used to buy them from - I recommended him to use them. But I know he's now using someone else. Maybe I should have asked him where he's using now before I tried a campaign!

I set up a page on my mortgages website full of car insurance banners - the company I'm buying the popunders from have a car insurance category, so I thought "great match".

I set up a campaign with my "old favourite" supplier and it's kicked off. Early days, but I've been looking at my affiliate stats....

There's been around 250 displays of some of the adverts, but some of the adverts have only shown aroun 230 displays. So these have probably suffered the recipients closing down the page before it's finished loading.

To be honest, with the cost of the popunders I only need to achieve 1 sale from the 5,000 popunders I've bought. I thought if I could get 0.1% success rate then I'd be pleased, but with 250 impressions and not even 1 click yet, that's very much in doubt! My very optimisitic 1conversion rate is very much in doubt!

I'll post back another day when the campaign is over, here's hoping I get at least my cash back!

No comments: