Sunday 6 July 2008

A complete fall from grace?

Well, I noticed that the traffic on my Compare Mortgage Rates website was down so I took a look at its position on my favourite keywords - "Compare Mortgage Rates". Up until late October 2007 my site was first or second in google on this term. Sometime in mid Octover it dropped from favour and the home page has hovered between pages 5, 6 and 7 of Google for those terms since then.

But today, it's vanished! Compeltely gone. Not there. No where to be found! The page is still cached - a copy taken 7 days ago, so not sure what has happened or for how long it's been vanished.

Around page 15 of the results I did find the Mortgage Products page, so the site hasn't been dropped. And I was surprised that the page did appear in the results anyway.

WHat do I think is wrong? Well, I've negelected the site recently. Prior to its October fall I was putting news on weekly, at least. Not I've only put news on once last month and we're almost a week into this month.

I'm the first to shout that websites need plenty of content to stay up top, so why don't I listen?

Well, I'm moving my mortgage news blog to the site itself - I've written a custom blog to do this for someone else so I might as well also use it!

Here's hoping my preaching works - with my sales guy unable to collect cash (where do I get them?) I need an income from somewhere!

No comments: