Saturday 22 March 2008

Building Templates

I was sent an email whilst I was on holiday from a company wantint me to build website templates for them. I've not yet got back to them to checkout their offer, but the worry always is in this sort of case that they will continually reject templates and those that they do accept get paid a pittance for.

The problem is that most templates sell for very little. Yet, it's getting the look and feel of the website that takes time. I've started building a holiday letting website. It will be 4 or 5 pages when it's finished. It took about 6 hours to get the style right and it will probably take another 1 or 2 hours to get the content onto the pages.

I'm always happy to help people, but there's always that nagging doubt in the back of your mind when an approach like this is made as to whether they are just mass mailing every web designer they can find and then offering £10 for several hours' work.

I'll let you know next week, once I've contacted them.

No comments: