Saturday 29 March 2008

Writing Best Adsense Adverts

So how do make those adsense adverts appealing, but only to the right people? I mentioned yesterday about a couple of my customers, John and Mo and Tom Harper, who are friends of each other. I run adsense campaigns for both of them for their similar Spanish Catfishing holidays.

For a start, write them in good English. If the advert is full of spelling mistakes and poor grammar, it won't look good. In actual fact Google will spot it and stop the advert. But there's only so far their checks can go. If in doubt, get someone else to review the text.

On the first line, grab the attention. For example, if you have searched on "River Ebro" and are interested in holidays, then "Ebro Catfishing Holidays" says it all. Notice also that there are benefits of capitalising the first letter of every word - title case.

For the next 2 lines I don't know if there's been any research into title case or sentence case. I suppose it's what looks best for your advert. Don't try to market your advert here, spell out it's unique features. For example, I've used "Bed and Breakfast with Tom & Vikki" on the first line of one advert. Instantly I've got the message across that it's B&B and friendly.

And that's the other thing to notice. If I'm bidding on general keyords, e.g. "River Ebro", then by refering to the holiday services I'm excluding readers who are maybe trying to find places to buy there etc.

You only have a limited space to get the message across. Write it well, write it concisely and don't go for marketing speak - just spell out what you offer.

No comments: