Saturday 8 March 2008

I Want Every Page A Different Colour...

This one is bound to get under the skin, especially on a larger site and especially when the changes started with "Can you do me a favour - it will only be quick. I've got a one page site and just need some help adding 5 more pages. Should only take you an hour or so to add a few buttons..."

And many, many hours of coding later, the colour scheme is still not decided upon. A nice calming cream colour for the home page, with contrasting purple 'glass effect' buttons.

Another page in Lilac (or will it be purple???). A yellow page, although it might be dark green by the time we're finished. One is in a nice shade of blue, which really hurts the eyes against the purple buttons and the next in bright red.

The best has to be the page with a blue band on the left, yellow in the middle and green on the right, plus those purple buttons and a rainbow coloured banner!

I'm sorry, but this site is never going onto my portfolio! The customer even wants to be able to change the colours daily!!!

Why, well it's great for a fun site, but it's a health site - supposed to give a professional, calming feel. There's no uniformity across the site - I've tried, but that's not what the customer wants.

As designers we're not infallible, but if we suggest a colour scheme isn't the best option, we're probably right. Maybe I'll confess to it one day over on my other webdesign blog!

No comments: