Wednesday 10 October 2007

Monitoring Traffic - When it Goes Wrong!

Of course, all of these ideas are great whilst they work!

Looking at my stats for yesterday, it appears that my mine site had 0 visitors, 0 page impressions and 0 search engine activity. Hmmm. Considering how much it made in adsense, not very likely.

Resorting to the old server logs they also agree - absolutely no activity. But Google is showing massive amounts of traffic and very respectable earnings.

This does come at just the wrong time as I've got an advertiser who wanted to know which relevant pages were doing well this week so that his advert could go onto them next week. This is where having multiple ways of checking traffic is a bonus, but it's not usually critical, so not really worth the bother.

But it would be possible to set up the Google adsense to monitor exactly which pages clicks are coming from and this would also show me relevant traffic logs. A quite easy way around the problem of monitoring traffic.

Back to the subject of monitoring traffic tomorrow - hopefully I'll have some logs to look at myself by then!

No comments: