Sunday 21 October 2007

Turning The Experiment On It’s Head

Well here's an interesting little twist to the experiment – playing with duplicate content filers.

I've added to the blogs one entry of my own thoughts. Each one is different - the first is about open water training in Lanzarote; the second is about Advanced Open Water Training In Lanzarote and the third about Diving In Lanzarote.

Over the next week or so I'll post to each blog every few days – my own diving thoughts rather than cribbed articles.

In theory, given time (hopefully no more than a week, but who knows with blogs) the 2 with inbound links should be cached. I'll watch how often they are cached for a month or so, then I'll turn the experiment around.

If they blogs haven't been cached because I've used content from article sites, what happens if I get the blogs cached and then submit the posts to the same article sites?

You would hope that the search engines would see that the blogs were there first and keep them cached. But I suspect that Google will decide that the article sites are older and have a higher PR and instantly drop the blogs.

It will be interesting to see what happens. And there are plenty of conclusions to be drawn if my blogs are instantly dropped.

No comments: