Thursday 11 October 2007

Traffic Monitoring

It is a little more than ironic that in a week when I'm spouting on about how important it is to run accurate monitoring of your website traffic, my own host's system for displaying and reporting traffic goes down totally.

So far, it's around 48 hours and counting since I was able to access my traffic reports. Also ironically, Google adsense reports are showing me that the traffic is really high this week and I'm desperate to know why!

What have I done well that's suddenly bringing in a lot of traffic - but at the same time leads are down compared to last month?

It's that sort of question that you must be able to answer. Long term monitoring of traffic would tell me that when certain keywords are performing well I get a lot of leads, when others perform well I get a lot of adsense. Then I'd know which keywords to push to really increase leads.

Hopefully the reports will be sorted today.

No comments: