Friday 13 June 2008

The Cottages Site's Links Directory

I've noticed testerday that the number of link requests for my cottages site is up significantly - at a guess, I've had more requests today than the whole of last week, and possibly the week before as well.

I was wondering why so many were coming through and then I noticed in my Google Adsense account that the traffic was up - helped of course by displaying the Adsense adverts on the link exchange pages. But it was only seeing that which reminded me of the effort I've put into that site recently! I'm not exactly known for my memory!

I suppose I'm watching for traffic being up on the website as a whole, not an increase in the link requests. But there could be a catch 22 situation here - in a postive way. Refresh the site and get it more popular with the search engines. Maybe not popular enough for the content pages to list highly, or high enough to show extra traffic, but a little higher.

But it might not just be the content pages that search engines take a shine to - why not the whole site? Although I've not yet updated the links pages to the new style (I forgot - my memory...) so I'll do that in a minute, it's possible that a slight improvement to the site could bring more traffic to the links exchange. There was another good day a few days back.

So maybe the links pages are being found more and the result will be more link swaps with suitable sites. That will hopefully bring the PR of the whole site up and as well as meaning yet more people are finding the links pages, ultimately eventually hopefully more customers will find the pages and begin making bookings.

Fingers crossed - I hope it wasn't all a big waste of time!

No comments: