Monday 30 June 2008

What is it about images

What is it about pictures that customers frequently don't get? I've already talked about this a few months ago, but it rears its head every so often.

Last week a customer emailed me a sheet of their latest offers to update their website with. It contained offers, menus and various other information to be cut and pasted into various points on the website.

It was a massive file, but sent as a PDF so the resolution wasn't actually that great. By the time I'd removed the images at their full size, they were a little small and fuzzy. Not sure why when this was what was going to print - maybe they'd sent me a proof.

Of course, this morning the email arrives saying the pictures are too small and fuzzy. Make them bigger and clearer. Of course, I can do one of these quite easily from the original, but not both. If I make the images bigger, they lose quality. If I make them clearer, they lose size.

If you are emailing pictures for use on a website, send them at least as big as you want to see them on the page, but not too big...

No comments: