Wednesday 18 June 2008

Word of Mouth

The last of the ideas for marketing your website is very simple, but works. It's one I use time and time again, it just takes a bit of getting used to to do it well.

What's the simplest idea of all, that's free and takes no time - simply tell everyone you know or talk to about your website and business. There's a chance that they, or someone they might know, might need your services.

It works. My very first customer came this way and I'm currently working on a neighbour's site. And a few months back I was giving another neighbour my phone number for a new homewatch scheme - so the easiest way was to just give her my business card. It had all the contact details I needed on it. The other morning she was driving past me when she stopped and asked for a quote.

I've also had close friends send their friends to me for work and, of course, on the line odf referrals is the fact that if I do a good job then my customers will be telling their friends who built their website. If it works for me, then why not everyone? Even if you are selling clothing, books or whatever, if your target audience is the people that you mix with then let them know about what you do.

No comments: