Sunday 8 June 2008

May Cottages Benchmark

I said that I was going to benchmark the holiday cottages website for the month of May, and I nearly forgot. But the way the commissions are going between the two sites, it's really no wonder!

Between them, the 2 sites managed 4 bookings in May, and 3 have been rejected. So a fantastic commission for May of just £26. Wow. Last May it was 5 bookings and only 1 was rejected, earning a still pathetic £56.84.

As far as traffic goes, the cottage-holidays site (unchanged) had 4,914 page impressions, against 1,018 for cottages-4-holidays, which will include a few of my displays during testing. So traffic compares well to April. As for income, well it was $169.62 and $32.30 respectively, again, very close to April's figures.

So, thanks to the reduced commissions, the income between the sites is down to around £160, from £200. And I thought April was low. I'm not expecting great movements this month - give the searcb engines a few weeks to find the new pages etc. But these figures serve as a benchmark for my changes.

No comments: